On June 30 we hosted Southampton. It was Senior Night, where we honored three long-time, dedicated Ridgetop Swimmers who are in their last year on the team: Ana Leino, Kathryn Strait, and Ainsley Walker. Although Riptide swimmers posted new best times left and right, we could not overcome Southampton as we fell by a score of 1194 – 1928. The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Taylor Biltz, Anna Bowles, Aidan Cassidy, Roger Hart, William Kurz, Adam Notley, Turner Phaup, Chalie Pilc, Lucie Speck, Millie Speck, Ian Townsend
Quadruple winner: Zoe Trenz
Triple winners: Taylor Biltz, Caroline Boykin, Kate Farmer, Colin Fenster, James Fraser, Hank Holland, William Kurz, Ryley Ogden, and Kathryn Strait
New Personal Best Swims
Perhaps the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event, and many swimmers did so at this meet. An amazing 11 swimmers — listed above — equalled or bettered their best times in three individual events, the maximum possible. An additional 34 swimmers had PRs in two of their swims. That’s an incredible meet!!
The largest single drop of the meet was recorded by Charlotte Holloway, who dropped a whopping 21.36 seconds from her previous best 25 back time. She almost cut her seed time in half!
Well done to ALL swimmers who set new PRs in this meet! Please check out your current best times to set motivational goals for future meets.
A number of swimmers achieved new JRAC standards at the meet.
- New champs qualifying times were achieved by: Anna Bowles, Madison Bradshaw, Logan Cohn, Elise Gresham, Isabella Grice, Adam Notley, Ella Post, Briggs Robinson, Cameron Schwartz, and Millie Speck.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Anna Bowles, Aidan Cassidy, Will Coker, Chris Gilliam, Anne Claire Hart, Turner Phaup, Charlie Pilc, Emma Poehler, Molly Powers, Brandon Smith, Lucie Speck, and Ian Townsend.
- New X time standards were achieved by: William Kurz, Turner Phaup, and Emily Pilc.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Schuyler Biltz, Taylor Biltz, and Hank Holland.
A special congratulations to William Kurz who achieved THREE new X time standards. Well done to all these swimmers! Achieving a new time standard is a significant achievement and helps the team in dual meets and at champs. Well done, swimmers! Check out the JRAC time standards to set motivational goals for future meets.
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were four new team records set yesterday:
- Kate Farmer, Junior Girls 50 free
- Emily Pilc, Intermediate Girls 50 Breast
- Zoe Trenz, Senior Girls 50 Free and 50 Fly
In addition to these, quite a few other swims made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 swims, as listed below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- William Kurz: 50 free (8th), 50 back (8th)
- Kate Farmer: 50 free (1st, new record)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 back (4th), 50 fly (6th), 100 IM (6th)
Intermediate Girls and Boys
- Emily Pilc: 50 free (5th), 50 breast (1st, new record)
- Schuyler Biltz: 100 free (5th)
- Hank Holland: 50 free (2nd)
- Chris Gilliam: 50 free (10th)
Senior Girls and Boys
- Zoe Trenz: 50 free (1st, new record)
- Ryley Ogden: 50 free (3rd), 100 IM (7th)
- Abby Holland: 50 free (6th)
- Kathryn Strait: 50 breast (7th)
- Charles Prideaux: 100 free (10th)
- Colin Fenster: 100 breast (3rd)
The coaches are proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Well done, everyone!