On June 26, 2018, Ridgetop visited Westwood in an “Incredible” fashion! Westwood ended up with the victory – 2,041 to 1,118 – but Ridgetop battled hard to the end! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Hayes Burnside, Electra Cimino, Davis Guise, Anne Claire Hart
Triple Winners: Will Coker and William Kurz
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Four swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible, while many others achieved PRs in both of the two events that they swam. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Madeleine Garrett, who dropped 15.33 seconds in the 50 fly. Other swimmers having big drops of 8 or more seconds were Hayes Burnside, Katherine Budwell, Linos Grice, Christian Hudson, Audrey Hulcher, Per Petersson, and Susan Pilc.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Anne Budwell, Clarke Garrett, Madeleine Garrett, Tony Haynes, Leila Horning, Christian Hudson, Nat Kreutzer, Per Petersson (2), Claire Robinson, and Grace Sutten
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Anne Budwell, Jack Danahy (2), Davis Guise (2), Anne Claire Hart, Charlotte Hart, Alyssa Mason-Roth, and Claire Robinson
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were two new records set at the meet, by Anne Claire Hart (50 breast) and William Kurz (50 fly). In both cases they broke their own records, set earlier in the year. A number of other swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Molly Sleman: 50 free (4th) and 100 IM (5th)
- Cameron Schwartz: (6th)
- Anne Claire Hart: 50 breast (5th)
- Maddie Andrews: 100 IM (9th)
- Aidan Cassidy: 100 IM (9th)
- Bridger Thurston: 50 breast (10th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!