The 2017 JRAC Championship Meet will be held at the SwimRVA Aquatics Center, also called CSAC. This post will be updated with information about the meet as it becomes available, so check back here often in the upcoming week. Important updates and notices will also be sent out by email.
- The championship roster is here. Congratulations to all who made the team!
There were a total of 108 Championship qualifiers from Ridgetop, and between them they qualified for 376 individual events. That’s a very impressive feat! Even if you didn’t make the championship team, you should be proud of your accomplishment.
- Directions to the facility are here. It takes about 25 minutes to drive to the pool from RIdgetop. See the image below for the location of our tent.
- Team bowling! We will meet at Sunset Lanes (6540 W. Broad) Tuesday at 2-3pm. The cost is $5 per bowler, pls pay Lisa Hart with cash. Bowling past 3pm will cost extra. Arrive 10 min early to get your shoes.
- Nutrition and hydration is important! Bring plenty to drink as well as healthy snacks. There will be food for sale at the meet.
Meet Lineups and Buddies
We will have secret buddies, as usual! Feel free to leave messages and gifts for your secret buddies with the coaches and we will deliver them.
The meet entries are below.
- Entries BY EVENT
- Entries BY NAME
- Estimated meet timeline. Remember that this is approximate! Err on the side of caution.
Altered Practice Schedule for Champs
The practice schedule is outlined elsewhere on the website. Friday (July 21) will be open to everyone and will occur at the normal times, but Saturday (July 22) is the first practice that is restricted to the championship squad. Mites and midgets practice 8-9:15, and swimmers aged 11 and older practice 8:45 – 10:00. It is very important that you arrive on time.
On Monday and Tuesday of champs week morning practices are slightly altered: mites and midgets practice together 8:30-9:30, and everyone else practices 9:30-11. On Monday there will be an afternoon practice at 5pm for anyone who cannot make the morning practice.
Champs Warmup Schedule
We will be in lane 5 on the boys side (ie the west side) of the competition pool. We only get a single lane, for one hour: 7:15-8:15am. Since there are almost 80 swimmers on our champs team, we’ll have to break things down a bit or we’ll have 18-year-olds swimming on top of mites. Here is the warmup schedule:
- 7:15-7:25 will be mites
- 7:25-7:40 will be 9-11 year-olds
- 7:40-7:55 will be 12-14 year-olds
- 7:55-8:15 will be seniors (15+ year-olds)
Social Media and (Almost) Real-time Results
You can get updated information about Champs by liking the JRAC in RVA Facebook page or by following the twitter feed. You do need a Facebook account for that page, but the twitter page is public and an account is not necessary. During the meet, results will be posted in the Meet Mobile app, which can be downloaded onto your smartphone.