Practice and meet schedule are shown here in a handy grid that you can print out.
The summer league season is basically divided into three parts: (i) pre-season, before school lets out; (ii) regular season, when most of the meets are held; and (iii) championship week, involving only those swimmers who are swimming in the JRAC championship meet.
Pre-teamers consist of kids who are new to competitive swimming and cannot handle regular practices. The goal of pre-team is to introduce a child to competitive swimming and possibly to serve as a bridge to joining the regular team the following season. To participate on the preteam, children must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 meters) of freestyle and backstroke without assistance. The coaches will determine if a child meets this criteria at the first practice of the regular season. Please contact the coaches if you have more questions.
Practice Schedule for Pre-team ONLY: 11-11:30am MWF from June 18th-July 20th.
Preseason (May 21 – June 15)
Monday thru Friday afternoons:
- 3:30-4:15 pm: 8 and unders
- 4:15-5:15 pm: 9-10-11 yr olds (and any 8/unders who have a late school dismissal)
- 5:15-6:25 pm: 12 and olders
Regular Season (June 18 – July 20)
Mornings of Mon, Wed, Thurs, Friday during regular season:
- 8-9 am: 9-10-11
- 9-9:45am: 8 and unders
- 9:45-11am: 12 and olders
- 11-11:30am: pre-team (M, W, F)
Mornings of Tuesday after meets during regular season:
- 9-10am: 10 and unders (games first, then ribbons)
- 10am: doughnuts for entire team
- 10-11am: 11 and olders (ribbons first, then games)
Saturday Morning Boss Hoss Practice (June 23, 30, July 7, 14)
- 8-10am 10 and olders (3000-4000 meter workout)
Wed/Thurs/Friday Afternoons during regular season
- 5-6pm: ages 7 and up (Wed, Thurs, Friday)
Championship Week (July 21-25)
- Saturday, July 21: 8:00-9:15 (10 and younger), 8:45-10:00 (11 and older).
- Mon-Tues, July 23-24: 8:30-9:30am (10 and younger), 9:30-11am (11 and older)
- Wed, July 25: JRAC Championship at GRAP (SwimRVA)