The 2017 JRAC Championships were held July 27 at the Collegiate School Aquatics Center. In a strong showing with many great swims and PRs, Ridgetop took home the sixth place trophy while scoring 686.5 points, which is almost identical to the number of points we scored last year. The full results can be found here.
New Personal Best Swims
Quadruple-PR swimmers: Kate Farmer, Tory Farmer, Hayden Schwartz, Lucie Speck
Triple-PR swimmers: Maddie Andrews, Ben Coker, Madeleine Cullop, Colter Lanois, Ryley Ogden, Cameron Schwartz, Ian Stevenson, Weston Williams
The best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event, and many swimmers did so at this meet. This week, an amazing 12 swimmers (listed above) equalled or bettered their best times in three or more individual events. Fifty-nine swimmers set at least one personal best time. Getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about!
The largest single drop of the meet was recorded by Andy Hingst, who dropped almost 4 seconds from his previous best 50 back time! Other impressive drops were recorded by May Brickhouse (5.8 sec combined in two events), Turner Phaup (5.2 sec combined in two events), and Colter Lanoise (3.9 sec in 100 IM). Very nice! Current best times, sorted by name, are found here. Use them to set goals and measure your progress.
Below are our medal winners. Congratulations to our double-winner Alyssa Mason-Roth, as well as quadruple medalists Kate Farmer (1 gold, 3 silvers) and William Kurz (2 silvers, 2 bronze).
Gold: Aidan Cassidy, Kate Farmer, Floyd Jones, Alyssa Mason-Roth (2), Norah Pascual, Turner Phaup, Ella Post, Molly Sleman, Lucie Speck
Silver: Maddie Andrews (2), Aidan Cassidy, Will Coker (2), Madeleine Cullop, Kate Farmer (3), Anne Claire Hart, William Kurz (2), Norah Pascual, Turner Phaup, Cameron Schwartz, Bridger Thurston, Weston Williams
Bronze: Schuyler Biltz, Jane Bowman, Aidan Cassidy, Logan Cohn (2), Madeleine Cullop, William Kurz (2), Colter Lanois, Grace Phaup, Abram Schrinel, Kyle Schwartz, Lucie Speck, Ian Stevenson, Carter Torrence, Weston Williams (2)
That’s some serious hardware! Well done, Ridgetop swimmers.
A number of swimmers achieved new JRAC standards at the meet. Bolded names are swimmers who will remain in the same age group next year and so the team will benefit from swimming in their new speed classification.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Aubrey Cuevas, Christopher Gilliam, Roger Hart, Colter Lanois, Alyssa Mason-Roth, Ann Haden Payne, Turner Phaup (2), Abram Schrinel, Ian Stevenson, William Sutten, Carter Torrence, Nate Winters (2)
- New X time standards were achieved by: Maddie Andrews, Schuyler Biltz, Aidan Cassidy, Logan Cohn, Will Coker, Kate Farmer (2), Thomas Jebo, Colter Lanois, Frances Melvin, Ryley Ogden, Hayden Schwartz, Molly Sleman, Lucie Speck, Weston Williams (3)
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Maddie Andrews, Taylor Biltz, Kate Farmer, Tory Farmer (2), Hank Holland, Ian Stevenson (2)
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
Three new team records were set. Two were new individual records, one by Norah Pascual and one by Maddie Andrews. Norah bettered her own record, set earlier this year, while Maddie broke a three year old record held by Zoe Trenz. The senior free relay of Tory Farmer, Schuyler Biltz, Taylor Biltz, and Ian Stevenson also set a new record, breaking the three year old record held by Zoe Trenz, Colin Fenster, Ryley Ogden, and Ian Stevenson.
There were also many new swims in the all-time Ridgetop Top 10, as shown below.
- Molly Sleman: 50 free (7th)
- Norah Pascual: 50 back (1st)
- Anne Claire Hart: 100 IM (5th)
- Lucie Speck: 50 back (10th), 100 breast (4th), 50 fly (5th), 100 IM (6th)
- Maddie Andrews: 50 free (10th), 50 back (1st), 50 fly (8th)
- Taylor Biltz: 100 free (3rd), 50 breast (3rd)
- Kate Farmer: 50 back (7th), 50 breast (5th), 50 fly (2nd), 100 IM (4th)
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 breast (9th)
- Aidan Cassidy: 100 IM (10th)
- Christian Sleman: 50 back (9th)
- William Kurz: 50 breast (4th)
- Hayden Schwartz: 50 fly (8th), 100 IM (10th)
- Weston Williams: 50 free (6th), 50 breast (6th), 50 fly (9th)
- Logan Cohn: 50 breast (4th)
- Tory Farmer: 100 free (3rd), 50 back (3rd), 50 fly (5th), 100 IM (4th)
- Ian Stevenson: 100 free (4th), 50 back (5th), 50 breast (9th)
- James Fraser: 100 free (7th), 50 fly (3rd)
- Will Coker: 100 free (8th), 50 breast (5th)
- Hank Holland: 50 back (7th), 100 breast (5th)
- Bridger Thurston: 50 breast (8th)
The coaches are proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Well done, everyone!