Happy last regular season meet! We ended on an AWESOME note. Avalon barely pulled away with a win– 1,461 to our 1,207. You can find the full meet results here.
If you would like to know why your swimmer got DQ’d, see more information here.
ALL-PR swimmers: Adeline Banta, Emerson Beazley, Caitlin Corby, Jack Danahy, Madeleine Garrett, Elise Gresham, Patrick Hinkle, Nat Kreutzer, Mia Lambert, Ella Post, Miles Prusek, Owen Prusek, Charley Roberts, Kyle Schwartz, and Weston Williams
Triple Winners: Maddie Andrews, Caroline Boykin, Aidan Cassidy, Will Coker, William Kurz, Owen Prusek, and Weston Williams
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Fifteen swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in ALL of their events, while many others achieved PRs in at least one event. Getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
We had THREE swimmers drop thirteen seconds in their events tonight – Matthew Burnside (100 IM), Susan Pilc (100 free), and Mary-Kate Hrabak (25 free). Other swimmers having big drops of 6 or more seconds were Mia Lambert (10 sec), Tolly Hulcher (9 sec), Ella Post (7 sec), Madoc Winters (6 sec), Electra Cimino (6 sec), and Claire Brown (6 sec).
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Ellie Beach, Emerson Beazley, Madeleine Crook, Jack Danahy, Davis Guise, Nash Millner, Ella Post, MIles Prusek, Owen Prusek, Charley Roberts, Abram Schrinel, Molly Schrinel, and Madoc Winters
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, Davis Guise, Tony Haynes, Colter Lanois, Miles Prusek, Owen Prusek (2)
- New X time standards were achieved by: Cameron Schwartz, Weston Williams, Jack Danahy (2)
We are especially excited about these new speed classifications as we go into our champs meet next week!!
Ridgetop Top 10
Three swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list. Congratulations!
- Cameron Schwartz: 50 free (tied for 9th)
- Jack Danahy: 25 fly (9th)
- Weston Williams: 50 breast (9th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!