What a whirlwind couple of days! On July 17-18, we visited Avalon for our last dual meet of the season. Kudos to all those swimmers who came to both days and gave it your all! We fell short in the end, 1200 to 1402, but it was a pleasure to watch some stellar swims over these past two days. Awesome job, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Camilla Burnside, Elianna Cuce, Aubrey Cuevas, Andy Logan, Alyssa Mason-Roth, Ella Post, Grace Sutten
Triple Winners: Jack Davis, Kate Farmer, Anne Claire Hart, William Kurz, Emily Pilc, Weston Williams
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 7 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Tolly Hulcher, who dropped 11.8 seconds in the 50 fly. Other swimmers having big drops of 8 or more seconds were Camilla Burnside, Susan Pilc, and Carter Spalding.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Jane Bowman, Cara Brickhouse, Caitlin Corby, Bennett Friday, Sam Harless, Charlotte Hart, Ann Haden Payne, Ella Post (2), Pierson Wright
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Jane Bowman, Linos Grice, Reed Jones, Alyssa Mason-Roth (2), Ann Haden Payne
- New X time standards were achieved by: Logan Cohn, James Fraser, Davis Guise, Weston Williams
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were two new records set at the meet, by Anne Claire Hart (50 breast) and William Kurz (50 fly). In both cases they broke their own records, set earlier in the year. A number of other swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Anne Claire Hart: 50 breast (1st),
- Norah Pascual: 100 IM (4th)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 back (3rd), 100 breast (5th)
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 back (8th)
- William Kurz: 50 back (2nd), 50 fly (1st)
- Weston Williams: 50 back (9th)
- Will Coker: 50 free (8th), 50 breast (5th)
- James Fraser: 100 free (7th), 50 breast (6th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!