On July 18 we closed out the regular season at home against Avalon. We prevailed by a score of 1491-1292, scoring over 200 points more than in any other meet this season. Great job, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Cara Brickhouse, Ian Fraser, Christian Sleman,
Quad Winner: William Kurz.
Triple Winners: Hank Holland, Norah Pascual, Emily Pilc, Molly Slemen, Ian Stevenson, Zoe Trenz.
New Personal Best Swims
After a summer of hard training and racing, personal bests can be a little harder to come by. Still, we had quite a few drops this meet! At the top of the heap, we had the three swimmers listed above achieve PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Riley Torrence, who dropped almost 15 seconds in the 50 butterfly. Other swimmers with drops of 10 or more seconds were Floyd Jones and Natalie Stoudt. Many other swimmers lopped off large chunks of time in their events; great job, team!
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Jane Bowman, Hannah Mahan, Grace Sutten, and Geneva Weidhaas.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Davis Guise, Matthew Guise, Floyd Jones, Thomas Kreutzer, and Ella Post.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Anne Claire Hart, Cameron Schwartz, Molly Sleman, and Nate Winters.
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
A number of swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Norah Pascual (9): 50 free (5th), 100 IM (8th)
- Lucie Speck (13): 50 free (6th)
- Taylor Biltz (14): 100 IM (3rd)
- Mina Leino (17): 50 free (9th)
- Owen Prusek (8): 25 back (8th)
- Will Coker (15): 100 free (9th), 50 breast (8th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!