On July 11 we hosted Westwood for our penultimate meet of the season. We fought hard but fell short by a score of 1140-2040; the full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Maddie Cassidy, Casey Fenster, Kristine Ogden, Norah Pascual, Ann Haden Payne, Christian Sleman, Nate Winters.
Triple Winners: Maddie Andrews, James Fraser, Owen Prusek.
New Personal Best Swims
One of the best aspects of meets for the coaches is reviewing all the best times achieved by our awesome swimmers! That’s because at Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, the seven swimmers listed above achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Ariel Ogden, who dropped over 32 seconds in the 50 breast. Other swimmers with drops of 10 or more seconds were Casey Fenster, Charlotte Hart, Floyd Jones, Kristine Ogden, Lily Roberts, Morgan Stoudt, and Claire Weidhaas. Many other swimmers lopped off large chunks of time in their events; great job, team!
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Hayes Burnside, Casey Fenster, Floyd Jones, Reed Jones, Rowen Link, Ann Haden Payne, Charlie Pilc, Lily Roberts, and Grace Sutten.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Elise Gresham, Floyd Jones, Paul Sundberg, and Grace Sutten.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Aidan Cassidy, Kate Farmer, Norah Pascual.
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
A number of swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Norah Pascual: 100 IM (8th)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 free (2nd), 100 breast (5th)
- Kate Farmer: 50 breast (6th)
- James Fraser: 50 free (8th), 50 fly (6th)
- Will Coker: 50 free (9th)
- Charlie Prideaux: 100 free (9th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!