Out last home meet of the season was a memorable one! After a short initial rain delay, the rest of the meet ran without interruption…other than a quick diversion for the coaches relay! At the end of a long meet, Ridgetop ended up on top again, 1501.5-1036.5, to win our 5th meet of the season. The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Alka Link, Kristine Ogden, Grace Phaup, Madoc Winters.
Quadruple winners: Maddie Andrews, Taylor Biltz, Kate Farmer, Tory Farmer, Hayden Schwartz, Ian Stevenson, Zoe Trenz.
Triple winners: Schuyler Biltz, Aidan Cassidy, Will Coker, Ella Davis, Anne Claire Hart, William Kurz, Owen Prusek, Sebastian Ramirez, Lucie Speck.
New Personal Best Swims
Time drops get a little harder to come by at this point in the season, but the Riptides came through again with many personal bests at this meet! While there were quite a few swimmers with two personal records (PRs), only the four swimmers listed above set personal standards in the maximum possible number of events. Congratulations!
The biggest drop of the meet was Christian Sleman, who made the most of breaststroke week by improving 17 seconds in his 50 breast. Floyd Jones and Tristan Frantz also had big drops of over 10 seconds in 50 breast this week, while Kristine Ogden, Jackson Oliver, Henry Prideaux, Mason Shepherd, Grace Sutten, Kelsey Walsh, and Madoc Winters posted large drops in various events. Great job!
Finally, big kudos to all those pre-teamers who competed in their very first meet: AnneCarter Budwell, Charlotte Hart, Kate Budwell, Keagan Southall, Kyle Schwartz, Electra Cimino, Reid Edwards, Connor Romans, Caitlin Corby, Josie Mann, Dorothy Romans, Madeleine Garrett, Willy Edwards, Carrington Hill, and Bennett Huddle. We expect to be hearing your name more often in the years to come!
New Time Standards Achieved
Even in the fifth meet of the season, our swimmers made quite a few advances in JRAC speed classification! This really helps the team be even more competitive in dual meets and at champs.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Ellery Ayers (only 6 years old!), Ella Davis, Elise Gresham, Nora Hugo, Rowen Link, Tommy Roberts, Briggs Robinson.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Schuyler Biltz, Tommy Roberts, Christian Sleman, Molly Sleman, Millie Speck.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Davis Guise, Anne Claire Hart, Molly Sleman.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Hayden Schwartz, Lucie Speck (2).
Great job, swimmers!
Ridgetop Top 10
While there were no new team records set at the meet, a number of swimmers continue to improve their position in the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list of the fastest swimmer in an age group and event.
- Anne Claire Hart: 25 free (8)
- Molly Sleman: 25 free (10T)
- Lucie Speck: 50 free (7T), 50 back (6)
- Kate Farmer: 50 free (4)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 back (4), 100 IM (5)
- Zoe Trenz: 100 free (4)
- Aidan Cassidy: 25 breast (4)
- Hayden Schwartz: 50 fly (4)
- William Kurz: 50 fly (8)
- Will Coker: 50 breast (4), 100 IM (6)
Overall: a great meet, Riptide swimmers!