On July 10, we travelled to Richmond Country Club for a dual meet in which our graduating seniors were honored for their dedication to our team! We celebrated with some fast swimming and a convincing victory, winning 1654.5 to 962.5, our highest point total so far this year. Great job, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Ellery Ayers, Jane Bowman, May Brickhouse, Ella Davis, James Fraser, Sam Harless, Thomas Jebo, Reed Jones, Rowen Link, Alyssa Mason-Roth, Bjorn Petersson, Susan Pilc, Lucie Speck, Natalie Stoudt
Quadruple Winners: Aidan Cassidy, Norah Pascual
Triple Winners: Maddie Andrews, Ellery Ayers, Taylor Biltz, Logan Cohn, James Fraser, Anne Claire Hart, Reed Jones, William Kurz, Lucie Speck, Weston Williams.
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 14 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by pre-teamer Walt Ayers, who dropped a whopping 26.9 seconds in the 25 free. Other swimmers having big drops of 8 or more seconds were May Brickhouse, Henry Hanna and Ellie Hinkle.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Jane Bowman, May Brickhouse, Elianna Cuce, Mary Claire Friday, Roger Hart, Thomas Kreutzer, Rowen Link, Per Petersson, Ella Post, Kyle Schwartz, Mason Shepherd, Natalie Stoudt (2), Nate Winters.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, Aidan Cassidy, Made Winters
- New X time standards were achieved by: Jack Davis, Tory Farmer, James Fraser (2), Norah Pascual, Christian Sleman, Lucie Speck.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: James Fraser, Norah Pascual.
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were two new records set at the meet, both by William Kurz! He broke his own record (again) in the 50 fly, and broke a five year old record in the 100 IM. A number of other swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Norah Pascual: 50 fly (4th), 100 IM (4th),
- Lucie Speck: 50 free (6th), 50 fly (8th)
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 fly (2nd), 100 IM (6th)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 fly (10th)
- William Kurz: 50 fly (1st), 100 IM (1st)
- Hayden Schwartz: 50 fly (8th)
- Logan Cohn: 50 free (3rd)
- Jack Davis: 50 free (7th)
- Colter Lanois: 50 free (10th)
- Weston Williams: 50 breast (8th)
- Hank Holland: 50 free (3rd), 100 breast (5th)
- James Fraser: 50 free (5th), 50 fly (3rd), 100 IM (6th)
- Will Coker: 50 free (10th), 100 breast (8th)
- Tory Farmer: 100 breast (7th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!