On July 7 we hosted Kanawha in our last home meet of the season. This late in the season improvements can be a little harder to come by, but 29 swimmers still posted two or more personal best times at the meet, achieving many new time standards as well as three new team records. The final score was 1843.5-1260.5 in favor of the visitors, and the full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Turner Phaup and Sebastian Ramirez.
Triple winners: Abby Holland, Hank Holland, Francis Melvin, and Emily Pilc
New Personal Best Swims
The best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event, and many swimmers did so at this meet. This week, two swimmers (listed above) equalled or bettered their best times in three individual events, the maximum possible. An additional 27 swimmers had PRs in two of their swims. Getting two or more best times in a meet is something to be very proud about!
The largest single drop of the meet was recorded by Susan Pilc, who dropped a over 16 seconds from her previous best 50 breast time, recorded earlier this summer in the meet against Three Chopt!
Well done to ALL swimmers who set new PRs in this meet! Please check out your current best times to set motivational goals for future meets.
A number of swimmers achieved new JRAC standards at the meet.
- New champs qualifying times were achieved by: Shane Allin, Camilla Burnside, Maddie Cassidy, Jack Davis, Elise Gresham, Maddy Martin, Emy Leigh McCaffrey, Adam Notley, Rory Notley, Brandon Smith, and Geneva Weidhaus.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Rory Notley, Carter Payne, Emily Pilc, Charlie Prideaux, and Molly Sleman.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Caroline Boykin, Aidan Cassidy, Chris Gilliam, and Turner Phaup.
Special congratulations go to Aidan for an impressive drop in the 25 breast (2.66 sec) to achieve his first X time, and to Chris Gilliam for sneaking under 30.0 (with a 29.99!) for the first time in his 50 free.
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were three new team records set yesterday; in all cases the swimmer bettered records they held themselves from earlier swims in the season.
- Schuyler Biltz, Intermediate Girls 50 free
- Emily Pilc, Intermediate Girls 50 Breast
- Zoe Trenz, Senior Girls 50 Breast
In addition to these, quite a few other swims made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Aidan Cassidy: 25 breast (7th)
- William Kurz: 100 IM (9th)
Junior Girls and Boys
- Taylor Biltz: 50 free (3rd)
- Maddie Andrews: 50 back (2nd), 100 IM (8th)
- Sebastian Ramirez: 50 free (9th), 50 fly (6th)
Intermediate Girls and Boys
- Emily Pilc: 50 breast (1st, new record)
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 free (1st, new record)
- Caroline Boykin: 100 breast (8th)
- Chris Gilliam: 50 free (5th)
Senior Girls and Boys
- Zoe Trenz: 100 free (3rd), 50 breast (1st, new record), 100 IM (2nd)
- Colin Fenster: 50 free (4th)
- Ian Stevenson: 50 back (9th)
- Charlie Prideaux: 50 breast (7th)
The coaches are proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Well done, everyone!