Happy last home meet! The Riptides really brought our A-game to celebrate our seniors for our last home meet of the season. CCV came away with the victory – 1,814 to our 1,184. You can find the full meet results here.
If you would like to know why your swimmer got DQ’d, see more information here.
ALL-PR swimmers: Adeline Banta, Brooks Beach, Ellie Beach, Ellie Brill Esch, Bennett Corby, Stella Fredrick, Mary Claire Friday, Clay Given, Patrick Hinkle, Leila Horning, Mary-Kate Hrabak, Floyd Jones, Mia Lambert, Peal Moore, Vivian Norton, Charley Roberts, Natalie Stoudt, Madoc Winters, and Nate Winters.
Triple Winners: Hank Holland, Floyd Jones, Bridger Thurston, Madoc Winters, and Aidan Cassidy
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Nineteen swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in ALL of their events, while many others achieved PRs in at least one event. Getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
Bennett Corby was our star of the meet in terms of time drops! He dropped 17 seconds in his 25 back and 14 seconds in his 25 free. However, the biggest time drop was posted by Matthew Burnside with a 21 second drop in his 100 freestyle. Other swimmers having big drops of 8 or more seconds were Madeleine Garrett (19 sec), Layla Hanes (10 sec), Kyle Schwartz (9 sec), and Carter Torrence (8 sec).
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: AnneCarter Budwell, Hayes Burnside, Elianna Cuce, Stella Fredrick (2), Madeleine Garrett, Clay Given, Tony Haynes, Leila Horning, Thomas Jebo, Alka Link, Tristan Litzenburg, Alyssa Mason-Roth, Charlie Pilc, Kyle Schwartz, Carter Torrence, Madoc Winters, and Nate Winters
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: AnneCarter Budwell, Aidan Cassidy, Ben Coker, Mary Claire Firday, Matthew Guise, Floyd Jones, Cameron Schwartz, Kyle Schwartz, Bridger Thurston, Weston Williams
- New X time standards were achieved by: Molly Sleman, Will Coker, and Reid Winters
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10
Two swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list.Congratulations to these girls!
- Molly Sleman: 50 back (7th)
- Anne Claire Hart: 50 breast (6th)
We have to give a shout out to the THREE parent relays that swam in the meet today. You guys were AWESOME! We are very lucky to have parents who are willing to have some fun by hopping in the water at 9:00p for a relay… thanks for participating!
Last but not least…
We are so proud of the hard work put in by this year’s senior class. Thank you to Schuyler Biltz, Caroline Boykin, James Fraser, Chris Gilliam, Hank Holland, Frances Melvin, Brandon Smith, Joseph Strait, and Nick Ulrichs for your dedication to Ridgetop. We can’t wait to see the great things each of you will do in the future!
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!