On July 2, 2018, Southampton swam at our home pool as we began celebrating 4th of July a little early in our USA attire! Southampton pulled away with the victory on this holiday week – 1,787.50 to 1017.50. The full results can be found here.
If you would like to know why your swimmer got DQ’d, see more information here.
ALL-PR swimmers: Hayes Burnside, Madeleine Garrett, Matthew Burnside, Lucia Hanna, Sam Harless, Roger Hart, Reed Jones, Ben Melvin, Bjorn Petersson, Isabel Roberts, Molly Schrinel, Molly Sleman, and Natalie Stoudt
Special congratulations to the pre-teamers, who got PR’s because this was their first meet: Adeline Banta, Lane Beach, Emerson Beazley, Amelia Escobar, PJ Hanna, Layla Haynes, Mary-Kate Hrabak, Mia Lambert, Reagan Pruden, Ella Roberts, Elise Rolin
Quadruple Winners: Maddie Andrews
Triple Winners: Schuyler Biltz, Mary Claire Friday, Molly Sleman, and Bridger Thurston
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Thirteen swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in ALL of their events, while many others achieved PRs in at least one event. Getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Henry Hanna, who dropped 13.82 seconds in the 50 back. Other swimmers having big drops of 8 or more seconds were Aubrey Cuevas, Madeleine Garrett, Reid Winters, and Pierson Wright.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, AnneCarter Budwell, Hayes Burnside, Madeleine Garrett, Lucia Hanna, Reed Jones, Sawyer Lysak, Pearl Moore, Bjorn Petersson, Per Petersson, Molly Schrinel, Morgan Stoudt, William Sutten, and Reid Winters
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Maddie Andrews, Aidan Cassidy, Jack Danahy, Ella Davis, Mary Claire Friday (2), Roger Hart, Nick Ulrichs (2), Weston Williams, Madoc Winters, Nate Winters, Reid Winters
- New X time standards were achieved by: Molly Sleman
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Molly Sleman
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
William Kurz broke his previous all-time record in the intermediate 50 back with a 30.92 (previously 31.47). Congratulations William!!
A number of other swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Molly Sleman: 50 free (2nd), 50 breast (8th), and 100 IM (4th)
- Cameron Schwartz: 50 back (3rd) and 100 IM (6th)
- Anne Claire Hart: 100 IM (8th)
- Maddie Andrews: 100 IM (9th)
- Ella Davis: 50 free (9th)
- Bridger Thurston: 50 free (7th)
- Weston Williams: 50 breast (9th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!