On the last Monday of June, the Ridgetop Riptides travelled to swim the Riptides of the Richmond Country Club. The host team ran a well organized meet and had many fast swimmers, but ultimately Ridgetop prevailed by a score of 1601-1111 to raise our record to 4-0. The full results can be found here. (Note: event 22, and meet score, were updated on June 30.)
Triple-PR swimmers: Ben Coker, Will Coker, Patrick Hinkle, William Kurz, Andy Logan, Turner Phaup, Sebastian Ramirez, Ellie Grace Robinson, Joseph Strait.
Quadruple Winners: Schuyler Biltz, Tory Farmer, Anne Claire Hart, Zoe Trenz
Triple Winners: Logan Cohn, Molly Slemen, Lucie Speck, Ian Stevenson
New Personal Best Swims
Many of you continue to drop time and achieve personal best swims. That’s great! Dropping those seconds off your times is the best way to show how your hard work has been paying off. The eight swimmers listed above set three personal bests, the maximum possible. Your coaches are proud of all of you!
The single biggest drop of the meet was achieved by Sebastian Ramirez, who knocked 20.86 seconds off his 50 breast time. Thomas Jebo, Susan Pilc, Katie Raines, and Kayla Robertson also made big drops of 10 or more seconds in a swim. Congratulations to all of you!
I also want to give a special shout-out to Ariel and Kristine Ogden for completing their first-ever 100 IM legally in a meet. And they got 1st and 2nd place in the event!
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC speed classification in one of more events at the meet. This really helps the team be even more competitive in dual meets and at champs!
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Campbell Baskin, Cara Brickhouse, May Brickhouse, Madeleine Cullop, Tristan Frantz, Matthew Guise, Ella Hardy, Thomas Kreutzer, Ann Haden Payne, Grace Phaup, Ella Post, Miles Prusek, Ashe Romans, Mason Shepherd, Millie Speck, Joseph Strait, Nate Winters.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Schuyler Biltz, Ben Coker (2), Stella Fredrick, Anna Gilliam, Isabella Grice, Davis Guise (2), Turner Phaup, Kayla Robertson, Cameron Schwartz, Parker Shepherd, Molly Sleman, Millie Speck.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Logan Cohn, Davis Guise.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Anne Claire Hartz, William Kurz.
Way to take it to the next level, swimmers!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
Two new Ridgetop team records were set at the meet! Kate Farmer and Zoe Trenz improved their own records in the 100 free and 100 breast, respectively. The swims below are new entries into the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list of fastest swimmers in an age group and event.
- Anne Claire Hart: 25 back (6th), 25 breast (2nd)
- Lucie Speck: 50 free (8th), 50 breast (4th)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 free (3rd), 100 IM (7th)
- Kate Farmer: 100 free (1st), 50 back (6th)
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 back (6th)
- Caroline Boykin: 50 breast (10th)
- Zoe Trenz: 100 breast (1st)
- William Kurz: 50 breast (6th), 100 IM (6th)
- Will Coker: 50 free (4th), 50 breast (4th), 50 fly (7th)
- Jeffrey Green: 50 breast (9th)
- Tory Farmer: 50 free (2nd), 50 fly (5th)
Great job, Riptides! Keep it up!