On July 3, the Ginter Park Dolphins visited our pool for a USA-themed swim meet. They were a small, scrappy club but ultimately couldn’t match our numbers as we pulled away for victory by a score of 1605-675. Great job, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Hayes Burnside, Logan Cohn, Ella Davis, Jack Davis, Sam Harless, Alyssa Mason-Roth, Norah Pascual, Carter Payne, Bjorn Petersson, Ella Post, Nate Roberts, Kyle Schwartz
Quadruple Winners: Schuyler Biltz, Aidan Cassidy, Ella Davis, Hank Holland, Reed Jones, William Kurz, Norah Pascual, Lucie Speck, Weston Williams
Triple Winners: Maddie Andrews, Ellery Ayers, Taylor Biltz, Tory Farmer, Anne Claire Hart, Cameron Schwartz
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 12 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Grace Sutten, who had an impressive drop of 21.1 seconds in the 100 IM. Other swimmers having big drops of 10 or more seconds were Bennett Friday, Campbell Jebo, and Floyd Jones.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Caitlin Corby, Olivia Fredrick, Isabella Grice, Charlotte Hart, Floyd Jones, Tristan Litzenburg, Alyssa Mason-Roth (2), Bjorn Petersson, Abram Schrinel (2), Millie Speck, Riley Torrence.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Jack Davis (2), Thomas Jebo, Carter Payne, Paul Sundberg.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Tory Farmer, Hank Holland (2), Norah Pascual, Weston Williams.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Aidan Cassidy, Norah Pascual (2).
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were two new records set at the meet! Norah Pascual broke a seven-year-old 50 back record by over 1.5 seconds, while Anne Claire Hart broke her own record in the 50 breast that had been set earlier this year.
A number of swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Norah Pascual: 50 free (3rd), 50 back (1st), 50 breast (7th)
- Anne Claire Hart: 50 free (7th), 50 breast (1st)
- Ella Davis: 50 free (10th)
- Kate Farmer: 50 free (4th), 50 fly (7th), 100 IM (4th)
- Aidan Cassidy: 50 breast (4th)
- Weston Williams: 50 free (7th), 50 back (10th)
- Logan Cohn: 100 free (9th)
- Bridget Thurston: 50 free (6th tie)
- Will Coker: 50 breast (5th)
- Tory Farmer: 50 breast (6th)
- Hank Holland: 50 fly (10th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!