On June 23 the Riptides visited Westwood for an away meet, where we posted many excellent and exciting swims. The host team outscored us 1902-1250, and the full results can be found here.
Quadruple winners: Tory Farmer, Ryley Ogden, Zoe Trenz
Triple winners: Colin Fenster, James Fraser, William Kurz, Frances Melvin
New Personal Best Swims
Perhaps the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event, and many swimmers did so at this meet. All of these swims are worthy of celebration but I’d like to call special attention to the swimmers below who set or equalled PRs in three individual individual events, the maximum possible.
Triple-PR swimmers: Aidan Cassidy, Madeleine Cullop, Kate Farmer, Casey Fenster, Ian Townsend.
The largest single drop of the meet was recorded by Tristan Frantz, who dropped 18.73 seconds from his previous 100 IM time. Wow!
Well done to ALL swimmers who set new PRs in this meet! Please check out your current best times to set motivational goals for future meets.
A number of swimmers achieved new JRAC standards at the meet.
- New champs qualifying times were achieved by: Madeleine Cullop, Casey Fenster, Jeff Green, Carter Spalding, Ian Townsend, Georgia Wilson.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Aidan Cassidy, Colin Fenster, Tristan Franz, Anne Claire Hart, Charles Prideaux, Ian Townsend, Nate Winters.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Maddie Andrews, Taylor Biltz, Will Coker, James Fraser, Frances Melvin, Ryley Ogden, Grace Phaup.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Schuyler Biltz, Taylor Biltz.
Achieving a new time standard is a significant achievement and helps the team in dual meets and at champs. Well done, swimmers!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were three new team records set yesterday:
- Schuyler Biltz, Intermediate Girls 50 free
- Zoe Trenz, Senior Girls 50 breast
- Senior Mixed 200 free relay: Tory Farmer, Zoe Trenz, Ryley Ogden, Colin Fenster
Quite a few of yesterday’s swims made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 swims, as listed below. In addition to the record-breaking swims already mentioned, I would like to note that Kate Farmer, Ryley Ogden, and Colin Fenster each recorded three Top 10 swims. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Maddie Andrews: 100 IM (9th)
- Taylor Biltz: 50 free (6th), 50 back (5th)
- Kate Farmer: 50 free (2nd), 50 breast (10th), 100 IM (2nd)
Intermediate Girls and Boys
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 free (1st, new record)
- Frances Melvin: 50 fly (10th)
- James Fraser: 100 IM (9th)
- Hank Holland: 50 fly (2nd)
Senior Girls and Boys
- Abbie Holland: 50 free (6th)
- Ryley Ogden: 50 free (4th), 50 back (10th), 50 fly (7th)
- Zoe Trenz: 100 free (5th), 50 breast (1st, new record)
- Tory Farmer: 50 back (3rd), 100 breast (6th tie)
- Colin Fenster: 50 free (5th), 50 breast (3rd), 50 fly (7th)
- Charles Prideaux: 50 free (8th)
- Ian Stevenson: 100 free (5th)
The coaches are proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Well done, everyone!