On June 26, we visited the Three Chopt Tsunamis in our first away meet of the season. A hard-fought contest ensued but we managed to come away with a win, by a score of 1368-1171. Great job, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Schuyler Biltz, Ben Coker, Madeleine Cullop, Ella Davis, Tristan Frantz, James Fraser, Olivia Fredrick, Sam Harless, Colter Lanois, Hannah Mahan, Bjorn Petersson, Charlie Pilc, Nathanael Roberts, Weston Williams, Madoc Winters, Reid Winters
Quadruple Winners: Logan Cohn, Tory Farmer, Davis Guise, Anne Claire Hart, William Kurz, Lucie Speck, Weston Williams
Triple Winners: Schuyler Biltz, Will Coker, Madeleine Cullop, Ella Davis, Ian Stevenson
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 16 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Jack Davis, who had an impressive drop of 15.7 seconds in the 50 Fly. Other swimmers having big drops of 10 or more seconds were: May Brickhouse, Laken Evans, Sam Harless, Alka Link, Hannah Mahan, Vivian Norton, Ariel Ogden, Bjorn Petersson, Charlie Pilc, and Madoc Winters.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Aubrey Cuevas, Jack Davis, Olivia Fredrick, Sam Harless, Floyd Johne, Colter Lanois, Vivian Norton, Carter Payne, Charlie Pilc, Nathanael Roberts, Betsy Spalding, Millie Speck, Eliza Sundberg, Madoc Winters, Reid Winters.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, Ben Coker (2), Ella Davis (2), Chris Gilliam, Reed Jones, Colter Lanois (2), Grace Phaup, Betsy Spalding, Bridger Thurston, Reid Winters
- New X time standards were achieved by: Taylor Biltz, Will Coker (2), James Fraser (2), Lucie Speck, Weston Williams
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
A number of swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Anne Claire Hart: 100 IM (4th)
- Lucie Speck: 100 breast (8th)
- Schuyler Biltz: 50 breast (9th)
- Taylor BIltz: 100 breast (6th)
- William Kurz: 50 back (2nd)
- Weston Williams: 100 IM
- Bridger Thurston: 50 free (8th)
- Hank Holland: 100 free (6th)
- James Fraser: 100 free (7th), 50 back (9th), 100 breast (10th)
- Will Coker: 100 breast (7th), 50 fly (9th)
- Tory Farmer: 50 fly (5th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!