On June 16, Ridgetop hosted Three Chopt for our first home meet. Our swimmers fought hard and posted many time improvements and new time standards, but we fell short by a score of 1286.5-1483.5. The full results are posted here.
Quadruple winners: Kate Farmer, Tory Farmer, Colin Fenster, Hank Holland
Triple winners: Will Coker, James Fraser, William Kurz, Frances Melvin, Turner Phaup, Kathryn Strait
New Personal Best Swims
As always, one of the best measures of success is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event, and many swimmers did so at this meet. All of these swims are worthy of celebration but I’d like to call special attention to the swimmers below who set or equalled PRs in three individual individual events, the maximum possible. (Note that this list is for improvements of previous swims, not first time swims in an event.)
Triple-PR swimmers: Alexis Biltz, Maddie Cassidy, Ellie Hinkle, Ben Melvin, Cameron Schwartz, Elena Zerkin.
Elena’s 50 breast deserves special mention: the 20.76 sec drop was the largest of all swims at the meet. ALL of the swimmers who set new PRs deserve much applause!
A number of swimmers achieved new JRAC standards at the meet.
- New champs qualifying times were achieved by: Cara Brickhouse, Elise Gresham, Hannah Mahan, Neiley Mahan, Jackie Milley, Grace Phaup, Charlie Pilc, Owen Prusek, Cameron Schwartz, Eliza Sundberg, and Elena Zerkin.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Alexis Biltz, Anne Claire Hart, Roger Hart, Finley Holland, Ben Melvin, Carter Payne, Ellie Robinson, Hayden Schwartz, Christian Sleman and Mason Shephard.
- New X time standards were achieved by: James Fraser, William Kurz and Frances Melvin.
Achieving a new time standard is a significant achievement and helps the team in dual meets and at champs. Well done, swimmers!
Top 10 Swims
Although no new team records were set at the meet, there were a number of excellent performances that are ranked in the all-time top 10 swims in their perspective age groups. Please join me in congratulating these swimmers on their fine performances:
- Maddie Andrews: 50 fly (7th)
- Kate Farmer: 100 IM (2nd)
- Tory Farmer: 100 IM (4th)
- Hank Holland: 100 free (3rd)
- Frances Melvin: 100 free (7th), 50 fly (10th)
- Emily Pilc: 100 breast (3rd), 100 IM (8th)
- Zoe Trenz: 100 breast (3rd)
The coaches are proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Well done, everyone!