On June 20, after a one-day weather postponement, we hosted Avalon in our second meet of the season. It was a close contest with some excellent swimming from both teams, and in the end we fell to the visitors by a score of 1291 – 1216. Bravely fought, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Logan Cohn, Aubrey Cuevas, Madeleine Cullop, Ella Davis, Jack Davis, Tristan Frantz, Stella Fredrick, Anne Claire Hart, Reed Jones, William Kurz, Ann Haden Payne, Turner Phaup, Cameron Schwartz, Hayden Schwartz, Molly Sleman, Paul Sundberg, Riley Torrence, Weston Williams.
Quadruple Winners: William Kurz
Triple Winners: Maddie Andrews, Ella Davis, James Fraser, Frances Melvin
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 18 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Vivian Norton, who had the huge drop of 22.1 seconds in the 100 IM; Vivian also had another big drop (9.5 sec) in the 50 breast, for a total of over 31 seconds improvement in two events. Nice job! Thomas Jebo (25 breast) and Wyatt Oliver (50 free) also had big drops of over 16 seconds! Other swimmers having big drops of 10 or more seconds were: Camilla Burnside, Matthew Burnside, Madeleine Cullop, Stella Fredrick, Audrey Hulcher, Tolly Hulcher, Sven Komorowski, Nat Kreutzer, and Hannah Mahan.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, Kyra Evans, Stella Fredrick, Bennett Friday, Mary Claire Friday, Linos Grice, Thomas Jebo, Hannah Mahan, Alyssa Mason-Roth (2), Sofia Moore, Ann Haden Payne, Grace Phaup (2), Charlie Pilc, Lily Roberts, Cameron Schwartz, Eliza Sundberg, and Paul Sundberg.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, Logan Cohn (2), Madeleine Cullop (2), Ella Davis (2), Jack Davis (2), Stella Fredrick, Isabella Grice (2), Davis Guise, Matthew Guise, Roger Hart, Colter Lanois, Vivian Norton, Turner Phaup, Cameron Schwartz, Molly Sleman (2), and Paul Sundberg.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Logan Cohn, Anne Claire Hart, and Tommy Roberts.
- New XX time standards were achieved by: Tory Farmer, Hank Holland, and William Kurz (2).
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were four new Ridgetop Records set in the meet! Anne Claire Hart set a new record in the 50 breast, breaking the 7 year old record of Schuyler Biltz. William Kurz continued his record-setting ways for the second-straight week, breaking another Hank Holland record in the 50 free and bettering his own record in the 50 fly. Tory Farmer set a new record in the 50 free, edging out Ian Stevenson’s old record. Well done, swimmers!! In addition, quite a few swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Anne Claire Hart: 50 breast (1st)
- Lucie Speck: 50 free (6th), 50 fly (10th)
- Taylor Biltz: 100 free (6th), 50 back (5th)
- Kate Farmer: 100 free (7th), 50 fly (8th)
- Maddie Andrews: 50 back (4th)
- William Kurz: 50 free (1st), 50 fly (1st), 50 breast (5th)
- Hayden Schwartz: 50 fly (8th), 100 IM (10th)
- Logan Cohn: 50 breast (5th)
- Tory Farmer: 50 free (1st)
- Hank Holland: 100 free (6th), 50 breast (3rd)
- James Fraser: 50 back (10th)
- Bridger Thurston: 50 breast (10th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!