On Monday, June 18, we had a blast to the past with Decade Day against Avalon at our home pool! They pulled away with the victory though, 1415-1133. Nevertheless, it was a fun (and hot!) swim meet against some impressive competition! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Ellery Ayers, Ella Davis, Elise Gresham, Sam Harless, Roger Hart, Audrey Hulcher, William Kurz, Colter Lanois, Alka Link, Ben Melvin, Jackie Milley, Morgan and Natalie Stoudt
Triple Winners: Will Coker, Grace Phaup, Cameron Schwartz, Bridger Thurston
Quad Winners: William Kurz
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 13 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR – congratulations swimmers!
Tolly Hulcher continues to show impressive time drops – 39.13 seconds in the 100 IM and 11.31 seconds in the 50 breaststroke, while her sister Audrey Hulcher dropped 16.88 seconds in the 50 breaststroke. Other swimmers having big drops of 10 or more seconds were Henry Hanna, Sven Komorowski, and Madoc Winters.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Hayes Burnside, Elise Gresham, Roger Hart, Tolly Hulcher, Reed Jones, Nat Kreutzer, Colter Lanois, Tristan Litzenburg, Vivian Norton, and Nash Millner
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Maddie Andrews, Logan Cohn, Madeleine Cullop, Olivia Fredrick, Anne Claie Hart, Andy Hingst, Colter Lanois, Alka Link, Kyle Schwartz, Carter Torrence, and Madoc Winters
- New X time standards were achieved by: Aidan Cassidy
- New XX time standards were achieved by: William Kurz, Cameron Schwartz, and Molly Sleman
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Current Ridgetop Top Times
Personal Best Times
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were 16 swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Molly Sleman: 50 free (4th) and 100 IM (6th)
- Cameron Schwartz: 50 back (4th)
- Kate Farmer: 50 free (4th)
- William Kurz: 50 free (3rd), 50 breast (4th), and 100 IM (4th)
- Will Coker: 50 back (6th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!!