On June 12 we kicked off a new summer season by visiting Southampton. The soaring temperatures did nothing to slow down our swimmers, who responded with many new best times and new time standards! Although we fell to the larger host team by a score of 1895 – 933, the hard work you put in this pre-seaons was evident for many of our swimmers. Well done, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: May Brickhouse, Aidan Cassidy, Logan Cohn, Kyra Evans, Laken Evans, Ian Fraser, James Fraser, Stella Fredrick, Sam Harless, Anne Claire Hart, Roger Hart, William Kurz, Luke Logan, Jackie Milley, Norah Pascual, Turner Phaup, Henry Prideaux, Cameron Schwartz, Millie Speck, Morgan Stoudt, Eliza Sundberg, Grace Sutten, Ellie Torrence, Madoc Winters, Nate Winters.
Triple Winners: Taylor Biltz, Lucie Speck
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, a whopping 25 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Kyra Evans, who had the huge drop of 26 seconds in the 25 breast, almost cutting her time in half! Linos Grice had an impressive drop as well: over 19 seconds in the 25 back. I have to also point out the great meet that Ellie Torrence had, dropping over ten seconds each in two events — the 50 free and 50 breast — and a combined 30 seconds in her three events. So impressive!
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Ellery Ayers, Hayes Burnside, Aidan Cassidy, Brody Cohn, Kyra Evans, Laken Evans, Eva Green, Isabella Grice, Linos Grice, Matthew Guise, Anne Claire Hart, Andy Hingst, Finley Holland, Floyd Jones, Reed Jones, Alka Link, Vivian Nortan, Tommy Roberts, Kyle Schwartz, Keegan Southall, Betsy Spalding, Morgan Stoudt, Grace Sutten (2), Ellie Torrence (2), and Trista Walton.
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Caroline Boykin, Aidan Cassidy (2), Ben Coker, Anne Claire Hart (2), Roger Hart (2), Andy Hingst, Norah Pascual (2), Hayden Schwartz, Christian Sleman, Molly Sleman, Keegan Southall, Paul Sundberg, and Nate Winters (2).
- New X time standards were achieved by: William Kurz (2), Norah Pascual, and Cameron Schwartz.
- And a new XX time standard was achieved by Molly Sleman.
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
A number of swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Molly Sleman: 25 free (4th)
- Norah Pascual: 50 back (7th)
- Lucie Speck: 50 breast (8th)
- Taylor Biltz: 100 breast (7th)
- William Kurz: 50 fly (7th), 100 IM (9th)
- James Fraser: 100 free (10th), 50 breast (9th), 100 IM (8th)
- Charlie Prideaux: 50 breast (8th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!