On Sunday, June 10, we brought the sun with our Hawaiian theme to Kanawha’s pool… and we finished the meet despite the thunderstorms! They pulled away with the victory though, 1490-1063. This is very impressive considering we are competing in the upper division this summer. Great job!!! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Cara Brickhouse, Camilla Burnside, Aidan Cassidy, Maddie Cassidy, Ben Coker, Elizabeth Craft, Elianna Cuce, Madeleine Cullop, Laken Evans, Stella Fredrick, Bennett Friday, Linos Grice, Davis Guise, Matthew Guise, AnneClaire Hart, Charlotte Hart, Roger Hart, Thomas Jebo, Floyd Jones, Sven Komorowski, William Kurz, Colter Lanois, Alka Link, Jackie Milley, Bjorn Petersson, Susan Pilc, Ella Post, Abram Schrinel, Cameron Schwartz, Carter Torrence, Weston Williams, and Nate Winters.
Triple Winners: Charlotte Hart, Cameron Schwartz
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, 32 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR – congratulations swimmers!
Tolly Hulcher had two impressive drops tonight – 13.03 seconds in the 50 back was the biggest of the meet, but she also dropped 10.40 seconds in the 50 free. Other swimmers having big drops of 10 or more seconds were Owen Andrews, Laken Evans, Madeleine Garrett, Mary-Michael Hardy, Sawyer Lysak, Abigail Moore, Susan Pilc, Charley Roberts, and Carter Torrence,
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Cara Brickhouse, Maddie Cassidy, Electra Cimino (2), Ben Coker, Laken Evans, Stella Fredrick, Bennett Friday, Mary Claire Friday, Clay Given, Elise Gresham, Linos Grice (2), Roger Hart, Tolly Hulcher (2), Thomas Jebo (2), Sven Komorowski (2), Alka Link, Luke Logan, Alyssa Mason-Rot, Abigal Moore, Bjorn Petersson, Claire Robinson, Betsy Spalding (2), Grace Sutten, Carter Torrence, and Madoc Winters
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: Aidan Cassidy, Madeleine Cullop, Ella Davis, Bennett Friday (2), Davis Guise, Matthew Guise (2), Charlotte Hart (2), Roger Hart, Matthew Hingst (2), Floyd Jones (3), Colter Lanois, Abigail Moore, Cameron Schwartz, Kyle Schwarts, Christian Sleman, Brandon Smith, Grace Sutten, Weston Williams, Madoc Winters, Nate Winters, and Reid Winters (2)
- New X time standards were achieved by: Aidan Cassidy, Anne Claire Hart, and Cameron Schwartz (2)
- New XX time standards were achieved by: William Kurz
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Current Ridgetop Top Times
Personal Best Times
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
There were 16 swims from the meet made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Cameron Schwartz: 50 fly (8th) and 100 IM (6th)
- Anne Claire Hart: 50 breast (7th)
- Taylor BIltz: 50 free (3rd)
- William Kurz: 100 free (4th), 50 back (1st), and 50 fly (1st)
- Ben Coker: 50 breast (6th)
- Bridger Thurston: 50 free (7th) and 50 breast (8th)
- Hank Holland: 50 breast (2nd)
- James Fraser: 50 back (8th) and 100 IM (5th)
- Will Coker: 100 free (8th)
- Weston Williams: 50 breast (9th) and 100 IM (9th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!!