On June 7 we hosted Lakeside in our first meet of the season. It was a gorgeous day for swimming and it was a lot of fun to see the early season work pay off for so many! Lakeside had some very fast swimmers, but we prevailed by a final score of 1629 – 734. Well done, Riptides! The full results can be found here.
Triple-PR swimmers: Caroline Boykin, Maddie Cassidy, Logan Cohn, Will Coker, Jack Davis, Anna Gilliam, Anne Clair Hart, Roger Hart, Andy Logan, Luke Logan, Ann Haden Payne, Sebastian Ramirez, Hayden Schwartz, William Sutten, and Elena Zerkin.
Quadruple Winners: Aidan Cassidy, Will Coker, Anne Clair Hart, William Kurz, Harden Schwartz.
Triple Winners: Taylor Biltz, Schuyler Biltz, Logan Cohn, James Fraser, Emily Pilc, Sebastian Rameriz, Molly Sleman.
New Personal Best Swims
At Ridgetop we celebrate improvement above all else, and the best measure of success for a swimmer in a meet is to set a new personal record (PR) in an event. Many swimmers did so at this meet! In fact, a whopping 15 swimmers — listed above — achieved PRs in THREE events, the maximum possible. Many, many other swimmers set at least one PR; getting a best time in a meet is something to be very proud about. Way to go Riptides!
The single biggest time drop of the meet was recorded by Thomas Jebo, who had an astounding improvement of over 47 seconds in the 25 free, cutting his time in half! No one came close to that improvement, but there were some other impressive PRs: Ben Coker had a 14.5 second drop in his 100 IM, Ann Haden Payne dropped 14.2 sec in her 100 IM while Carter Payne recorded a 13.9 sec drop in the 50 fly. There must be something in the water over at the Payne household! Well done, all of you.
New Time Standards Achieved
Quite a few swimmers improved their JRAC Speed Classifications at the meet.
- New Champs qualifying times were achieved by: Jack Davis, Stella Fredrick (2), Roger Hart, Charlotte Halloway, Vivian Norton (2), Ann Haden Payne, Carter Payne, Briggs Robinson, Ashe Romans, Morgan Stoudt, Natalie Stoudt, Eliza Sundberg, William Sutten, Reid Winters, and Elena Zerkin (2).
- New Regular time standards were achieved by: May Brickhouse (2), Aidan Cassidy, Logan Cohn, Ben Coker, Anna Gilliam (2), Anne Claire Hart, Roger Hart, Luke Logan, Ann Haden Payne, Sebastian Ramirez, Cameron Schwartz, and Christian Sleman.
- New X time standards were achieved by: Taylor Biltz, Anne Claire Hart (2), Sebastian Ramirez, and Hayden Schwartz (2).
- And a new XX time standard was achieved by Schuyler Biltz.
Having swimmers in a variety of speed classifications in every age group gives the team a lot more weapons in dual meets, so achieving new time standards helps your teammates in a very tangible way!
Ridgetop Top 10 and Records
A new team record was set: Zoe Trenz took 0.10 sec off the team record previously held by Ellie Saunders in the Senior Girls 100 breast. This swim and quite a few others made it to the Ridgetop All-Time Top 10 list, as summarized below. Congratulations to all these swimmers!
- Anne Claire Hart: 25 back (8th), 25 breast (7th)
- Taylor Biltz: 100 free (6th), 50 fly (8th), 100 IM (7th tie)
- Maddie Andrews: 50 back (10th)
- Schuyler Biltz: 100 free (8th), 50 fly (2nd), 100 IM (10th)
- Emily Pilc: 100 breast (10th)
- Caroline Boykin: 100 breast (6th)
- Zoe Trenz: 100 breast (1st)
- Hayden Schwartz: 50 back (9th), 100 IM (10th)
- Sebastian Ramirez: 50 free (8th)
- Will Coker: 100 free (9th), 50 back (7th), 50 fly (7th)
- Jeffrey Green: 50 breast (9th)
- Colin Fenster: 50 fly (6th)
- Hank Holland: 100 IM (7th)
The coaches are VERY proud of the energy and sportsmanship of everyone who participated in the meet, whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. Awesome job, everyone!