The 2018 JRAC Championship Meet will be held at the SwimRVA Aquatics Center, at 5050 Ridgedale Pkwy, Richmond, VA 23234. This post will be updated with information about the meet as it becomes available, so check back here often in the upcoming week. Important updates and notices will also be sent out by email.
- The championship roster is here. Congratulations to all who made the team! The alternates can be found here – please make sure that if you are a relay alternate that you check out with Laura, Lisa, or one of the coaches before you leave the pool.
- Directions to the facility are here. It takes about 25 minutes to drive to the pool from RIdgetop. See the image below for the location of our tent.
- Team bowling! We will meet at Sunset Lanes (6540 W. Broad) Monday 1-3pm. The cost is $7 per bowler, please pay Lisa Hart with cash. Bowling past 3pm will cost extra. Arrive 10 min early to get your shoes.
- Nutrition and hydration is important! Bring plenty to drink as well as healthy snacks. There will be food for sale at the meet.
Meet Lineups and Buddies
We will have secret buddies, as usual! Feel free to leave messages and gifts for your secret buddies with the coaches and we will deliver them.
Altered Practice Schedule for Champs
The practice schedule is outlined elsewhere on the website. Friday (July 20) will be open to everyone and will occur at the normal times, but Saturday (July 21) is the first practice that is restricted to the championship squad. Mites and midgets practice 8-9:15, and swimmers aged 11 and older practice 8:45 – 10:00. It is very important that you arrive on time.
On Monday and Tuesday of champs week morning practices are slightly altered: mites and midgets practice together 8:30-9:30, and everyone else practices 9:30-11. On Monday there will be an afternoon practice at 5pm for anyone who cannot make the morning practice.
Champs Warm-up Schedule
We will be in lane 5 on the boys side (ie the west side) of the competition pool. We only get a single lane, for one hour: 7:15-8:05am. Since there are 65 swimmers on our champs team, we’ll have to break things down a bit or we’ll have 18-year-olds swimming on top of mites. Here is the warmup schedule:
- 7:15-7:30 will be 9&under
- 7:30-7:45 will be 10-12 year-olds
- 7:45-7:55 will be 13-14 year-olds
- 7:55-8:05 will be seniors (15+ year-olds)
Social Media and (Almost) Real-time Results
You can get updated information about Champs by liking the JRAC in RVA Facebook page or by following the twitter feed. You do need a Facebook account for that page, but the twitter page is public and an account is not necessary. During the meet, results will be posted in the Meet Mobile app, which can be downloaded onto your smartphone.