The Ridgetop coaches given multiple awards and recognitions during the course of a summer swim season. These are meant to honor the recipient and to highlight those qualities that the coaches especially value in our swimmers:
- Hard work and constant striving to improve
- Cheering and supporting your teammates
- Sportsmanship: being gracious in victory and defeat, congratulating members of the other team.
- Competitiveness in races, scoring points for the team.
- Dependability: reliable attendance at practices and meets, and a willingness to swim in any event to help the team.
Click on the “Awards” menu item above to find out more information about our award criteria and a list of past recipients. Most of the awards are issued at the swim team banquet at the end of the season. The Swimmers of the Week are honored on “Fun Day,” the day after each dual meet during the season.