Online swim team registration is now open! Please click the link to register your child(ren) for the summer 2016 Ridgetop Swim Team. The coaches are excited to begin another season! Practices begin on May 23. Please continue reading for more exciting news and instructions.
The Ridgetop swim team will be using a new online swim team management system this season. The new system will offer several advantages for our members:
- Once you create your account and register for the team, you can access all results (for multiple children if you have them) through your Swim Portal.
- You can use the same Swim Portal to sign up for volunteer positions and to indicate meet absences to the coaches. This can be updated at any time if your plans change. Note that the meets are not loaded into the Swim Portal yet, we are waiting for the meet template files from JRAC.
- When we get to the second half of the season, you can request events for upcoming meets through the Swim Portal. Though nothing is guaranteed, the coaches will do our best to grant such requests.
- Enhanced communication through text and targeted emails. For example, rather than needing to sign up for a separate text alert system — which many forget to do — for late-breaking news (like meet delays or practice cancellations due to weather), coaches can use the Swim Manager system. You can also provide a cell phone number and/or email for your child if you want him/her to such communications directly.
When you register, please do not forget to sign up to meet your volunteer obligations. These are spelled out in the Ridgetop Swim Team Handbook, but you need to volunteer for at least five half-meet “shifts.” This is a first-come, first-served basis, so you’ll want to sign up ASAP to get your choice of positions and meets. The success of the season depends in no small part on the willingness of our parents to volunteer, so please set a great example to your children and sign up to help us run the meets smoothly and efficiently. To sign up, after you register go to your Swim Portal and click one of the volunteer links in the bottom right of the screen. Remember that some positions require training and certification.
Though most of last year’s coaches will be returning, this year we will have a new face on the pool deck! Or maybe a familiar face: long-time swim team member Schuyler Biltz will be the coaching intern this summer, following in the footsteps of recent Ridgetop interns Emma Landon and Kathryn Strait. Please click here to read more about Schuyler and the rest of our great coaching staff.
Finally, some important links:
- Even experienced parents should take a moment to download the Swim Team Handbook, which has been updated for 2016. Besides outlining the team philosophy and member responsibilities, many of the logistics of the swim season are given in the handbook.
- A thumbnail summary of the practice and meet schedule is available, but don’t forget to check this website for details.
- Don’t forget to fill out the JRAC insurance waiver. Your child(ren) won’t be able to swim without it!
See you on the pool deck!